Wednesday, March 14, 2012

And the Disnerdy goes to...

Awards season ended a few weeks ago and I thought now would be an appropriate time to give out some of my own awards. I'm calling them the Disnerdies. What else would they be called?

Most Evil Villain: Lady Tremaine, Cinderella
While many villains are comical or outrageous, her calm, cold demeanor chills me to the bone. Sometimes the quiet ones are the scariest.
- honorable mentions: Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians), Medusa (The Rescuers)
Most Loyal Sidekick: Timothy Q. Mouse, Dumbo
I've already said it, but he wins major points for his loyalty and courage! He sticks up for his hero through thick and thin!
- honorable mentions: Baloo, Jac & Gus, Gurgi

Most Courageous Hero/Heroine: Bernard & Bianca, The Rescuers
Surprisingly, many main characters are either passive, naive or both; these two mice are anything but. Facing great obstacles, they show immense courage and admirable determination.
- honorable mentions: Robin Hood, Pongo & Perdy

Achievement in art: Sleeping Beauty.
While quite different from the cute-sie roundness that has become best associated with Disney animation, Sleeping Beauty's departure was a great success.
- honorable mentions: Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, Fantasia

Best Soundtrack: Cinderella
All the songs in Cinderella are the kind you find yourself humming days after watching the movie, the definition of a successful Disney soundtrack, in my opinion.
- honorable mentions: Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book



And now for some fun categories:

Hottest Prince: Phillip, Sleeping Beauty
HELLO. Haha, I had to make this a category. There aren't too many princes in the first half (only 3) so it was an easy choice. Don't worry, ladies, I will do a full rundown of the prince lineup when we've gotten further along. :)

Lamest villain: Edgar, The Aristocats
I've already said my peace about this dude. I didn't want to have to give him an award for being lame, but, I needed to emphasize how utterly ridiculous he is.
honorable mention: Madam Mim (The Sword in the Stone)

Most annoying sidekick: Tinkerbell, Peter Pan
Did you even have to ask?
honorable mentions: Jiminy Cricket, Cyril Proudbottom

Most faithful Disnerd: Vicki
I've been keeping track of who has been coming to my Sunday movie nights and Vicki has attended the most weeks, 21 out of 26! She wins a... hmm, something. I'll think of a prize later. Congrats, Vicki!
honorable mentions: Kylene & Mimi tied at 17.

That's all for now! Congrats to all the winners of these prestigious awards. :)

1 comment: