Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Laura's Top 5, so far

Over the past months I've often been asked which Disney movies are my favorite. Well, my answer is slightly biased due to my ardent devotion to the Renaissance era (1989-1999). So, since we haven't gotten there yet, I thought I'd list my top 5, out of the ones I've watched and reviewed thus far--all the movies from 1939-1988.

 5. Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
why i love it 30 words or less: this one just edged out a few others, because remembering that this was made in the 1930s, the art, storytelling and music are simply groundbreaking.

4. 101 Dalmatians
why i love it in 30 words or less: i only need one word to explain this one: PUPPIES!

3. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
why i love it in 30 words or less: Watching this movie is like revisiting my childhood, a place I love to go. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
2. Lady & the Tramp
why i love it in 30 words or less: Racist cats aside, this movie was quite sweet. Considering they only have 80 minutes, the love story is well-developed. And the iconic spaghetti scene? Genius!

1. Cinderella
why i love it in 30 words or less: I've always had sentimental reasons for loving Cinderella, but now I also appreciate its humor, beautiful animation, great music, and message of hope.

Coming soon: my picks for favorite/least favorite hero/heroine, villain, sidekick, songs and more!

What are your favorites from the first half of the Disney canon?

2 comments:

  1. Bambi got robbed for Artistic Achievement, but I am very VERY biased. Looking forward to your Disneyland account (and pics!)

    ReplyDelete